Our client purchased the property which previously been subdivided to two separate units with no planning permission recorded. He therefore sought to establish that the use was lawful. Juliet worked to advise the client on the best way forward based upon the evidence and provided guidance on submission requirements as well as offering guidance on the statutory declarations to support an application for a certificate of lawful existing use.
Juliet's roles and responsibilities:
- Provide initial advice on options
- Preparation of an application for a certificate of Lawful Existing Use, including preparation of a supporting statement
- Provision of advice and guidance on the content of the statutory declarations to be included in the application
- Project management through to determination of a positive decision
- Detailed discussions with Officers at the Council